A presentation and appreciation of illustrations from my book and magazine collection. A tribute to the talent and hard work of past and present illustrators and designers
Sunday, 6 December 2015
"The Tale Of The Golden Cockerel" By Alexander Pushkin, Illustrations By Ivan Bilibin (first published in English by J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd, London 1976) Part-4
Bang! François Hardy
-
Original content copyright 2008-2014 by Mark A Clark No rights are claimed
or implied for images shown herein. Individual photos may be reposted
with...
Three Bridges by Greenwood
-
John Frederick Greenwood (UK, 1885-1954) followed a pretty
standard artist trajectory for his time. He studied at art school, had
some pieces sh...
LEST WE FORGET
-
Every year on this date I think back on Bernie Fuchs, a wonderful
illustrator who left us too soon. As time passes I'm even more impressed
with his acco...
Another fake
-
Fake Searles pop up on the art market with regularity but their
deficiencies are glaringly obvious to the trained eye of a Searle
aficionado. This poor ...
Susan and Richard Parkinson Ceramics
-
Susan Elizabeth Parkinson was born in 1925 in Calcutta, the younger
daughter of a wine merchant (who was also honorary secretary of the Bombay
Natural Hist...
RUDOLPH DIRKS, HANS, FRITZ, AND FATHER TIME
-
Happy New Year...andOld Years Too!ARS LONGA, VITA BREVIS ~~ Art is long;
life is short.2025 has been a momentous year -- a cliche that doubtless is
true f...
Employees' Entrance: The Monsters We Make
-
This is my entry in *The Classic Movie Blog Association Early Shadows and
Pre-Code Horror Blogathon*. Click *HERE* for more monstrous fun.
This store is ...
Naoyuki Katoh SF Illustrations
-
Images found in two 1980s books, Naoyuki Katoh SF Illustrations I and II
(there's also a volume III), which I occasionally have for sale at 50 Watts
Books....
DENIS SIRE [1953-2019], HOMMAGE...
-
*Denis Sire* [4/9/1953 – 16/1/2019]
[GR] Ο σπουδαίος Γάλλος καλλιτέχνης Denis Sire γεννήθηκε στις 4 Σεπτεμβρίου
του 1953 στο Σαιν-Ναζαίρ. Σ...
Clutch Cargo-1961
-
I read JACK AND JILL as a kid but not 'til 1965. I watched Clutch Cargo as
a kid but not 'til also around that same time. So I missed his 1961 comic
str...
Silo
-
So the year that was January has come and gone then, and whilst the US
moved one goosestep closer to what Orwell portended as a vision of the
future, he...
RIP Tomi
-
Still mourning the loss of Tomi Ungerer.
If you haven't checked it out, read my interview with Tomi from a few years
back. :( And the fabulous *New York ...
In Which Mike McGuire is Sick of Hash and Stew.
-
Let's take a gander at some random panels I found in *Daredevil Comics*,
starting with this beauty:
Mike McGuire amuses me. He reminds me of that "I wa...
Studio: New Paintings
-
I hope you all had a wonderful summer!
I took a break from blogging but I hope to be back more frequently.
I just updated my *shop *with a few new wate...
Mambo for Kittens
-
Music critic Dan Armonaitis: *Sound Observations: I’ve been looking after a
jumpin’, rockin’, screamin’ cat*
"Having volunteered to take care of a kitte...
Britain in the First World War
-
Today's picture shows British troops in World War I. The picture is from
around 1915. World War I was an interesting war in that there was no clear
reaso...
A.C.E.'s book !
-
Pour celles et ceux qui se demandaient ce qui m'a tenu à l'écart du blog
pendant aussi longtemps, voici un livre qui vous donnera quelques éléments
de répo...
Humble Heather
-
*Early 19th century hand-coloured *
*engravings of heath flowers*
The vast majority of the 860+ species in the genus Erica (heaths/heather)
are endemic t...
April Showers Bring May Flowers...
-
There seems to be some discrepancy as to when the rhyme was first penned
by farmer and poet Thomas Tusser "Sweet April Showers Do Spring May
Flowers." Some...
No comments:
Post a Comment