Wednesday 3 July 2013

"Hoot" by Jane Hissey, Published by Red Fox, Random House Children's Books, London 1998 - Part 2

 
This book takes me back to the uncomplicated times when my kids were young and eager to hear me reading these lovely Old Bear stories... All Jane Hissey's books have a kind of retro feel about them (which reminds me a bit of Beatrix Potter or A.A. Milne). The characters are a bunch of old-fashioned soft toys and their adventures around the house. The first book in the series came out in 1986 (titled "Old Bear"). There were also several videos with the real teddies being animated which were so good to watch!
 
What attracted me straight away was the excellence of the illustrations - these were done in coloured pencils (there was no Photoshop in those days, thank God!), achieving such richness and depth as well as a dream-like quality. Here's the author's own website: http://janehissey.co.uk/
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment