Sunday 27 October 2013

"Splosh!" By Philippe Corentin (published by Andersen Press, London 2002) - Part 2

 

I was a little annoyed that there isn't much information to be found on the Internet about Philippe Corentin (born in Paris, 1936) - I suspect there will be plenty in French as he is renowned for his cartoons and humorous children's books since the late sixties. The original title in French was "Plouf!"  (which sounds a lot funnier than splosh to me!), published in 1991. The style in unlike any other you'll come across. It reminds me a bit of children's book illustrations from the 30's and 40's but the colours and technique are bright and contemporary. Here's a link of the only biography I could find on the author (not much I'm afraid): http://www.answers.com/topic/philippe-corentin
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment