Thursday 27 May 2010

"Great Dishes Of The World" by Robert Carrier, with illustrations by Sophie Granval (published by Thomas Nelson & Sons Ltd, London1963)


It was a hard job scanning these delicate, scratchy pictures from this heavy cook book! The cover was pretty dull when I picked it up at a second hand store some months ago, but I was surprised to discover all these lovely spot illustrations inside so I bought it straight away! The recipes seem to be quite interesting as well - I tried one the other day and it did work. I think the artist's name which was spelled Granval in the book, should have been Grandval as a Google search only comes up with the latter. So if that's the case, she was born in 1936 and began her career as a textile designer and then went into illustration and advertising.



















No comments:

Post a Comment