Sunday 22 April 2012

"The Avengers Annual 1975" - Marvel Comics International 1975


I've always been fascinated by the compositions, the colours and the angles these artists came up with in order to create drama and suspense - even though I never actually read them! I've picked just a few frames out of the many hundreds in this book to illustrate how stunning and powerful they are. The creators were: Don Heck (drawings), Frank Giacoia & Mike Esposito (inking), G. Wein (colours), Roy Thomas (blue-pencil) and S. Laferman (lettering). Great stuff.





2 comments:

  1. I've always been fascinated and inspired by the compositions the colors and the angles these artists come up with in order to create drama, action and suspense. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been addicted to comics from the first one I ever read and in love with the Scarlet Witch from the start as well. Comics are just not what they use to be. This post is from a geat era in comics.

    ReplyDelete